I haven't blogged in over a month ... a lot has been going on. But in a couple of weeks, when the summer finally comes to an official close, I plan on writing a summer overview blog because ... its been AMAZING, and I want to share it with all of you!
BUT FOR NOW ... I HAD to write about our Wilson family DISNEYLAND EXTRAVAGANZA (mainly for the sake of my family, who wanted to see pictures, and wanted to see how I would blog about the sheer chaos of it all.) There are MANY pictures, but with so many people, it takes a lot of pictures to capture that many faces. Jeremey forgot our camera at home, so I was left with my shattered iphone for all the picture taking. (Some pictures were also taken by Jeremey's moms camera.)
Anyways, for those that don't know, the whole Wilson family, minus Jeremey's oldest brother and wife, decided to take on Disneyland and California adventure in 2 days. There were 23 of us, 13 kids, and 10 adults, 6 of them were under the age of 5. Are we crazy? YES, was it hard? YES. Did we have fun? YES. Would we do it again? Probably ;)
Just to recap ...
- The trip was paid in full by Jeremey's parents (Hotel, park tickets) ... 23 people. You ADD it up. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!
- We all wore matching tie dye shirts ... how cute!
- We lost 4 kids ... yes, no joke. We lost one kid twice, one kid was riding the carousel without us knowing, and one was left in the restroom ... I think.
- We had one bloody face, from a kid climbing on the railing of a ride line.
- We spent 20 minutes stuck inside the elevator compartment in the haunted mansion in the dark ... with all the kids.
- We had several teenager breakdowns ... naturally
- We lost out car twice in the parking lot, because we failed to see where we parked at the beginning of the day.
- We rode a lot of rides, ate a lot of food, walked till our feet were falling off, and strolled a lot of sleeping toddlers.
- Lost one stroller, and it was mine, full of all our stuff, and one of our nieces purses. We eventually found it in a stroller parking lot, NOWHERE NEAR where we left it. We escaped the trauma with only a few minor heart attacks.
- Had a couple tear filled moments from taking too young of children on WAY too scary of rides for them. (Space mountain, and tower of terror, sorry micah.)
- Finally mastered the baby swap fast pass, the last ride of the second day there. Could have really come in handy earlier.
- WE WENT, WE RODE, WE PANICKED, WE STRESSED, WE LAUGHED, WE CRIED, AND WE SURVIVED!!!
- Despite the craziness, I know it will be a time we all will NEVER forget. Having all the cousins together was a dream, and seeing the kids have so much fun was worth it all!
HERE WE ALL ARE ...
THE TWO THAT MADE IT ALL HAPPEN!
ALL 13 KIDS LINED UP IN BIRTH ORDER ... mostly
WE RODE RIDES
WE STOOD AROUND A LOT, weather trying to figure out where to go and how to get there, or waiting in ride lines.
WE MET CHARACTERS
AND WE HAD A WHOLE LOT OF DISNEY FUN, WITH A WHOLE LOT OF WILSON LOVE!
My favorite picture of the trip. My two little lovebugs asleep during the firework show!