"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Thursday, June 17, 2010

So CLOSE to my second trimester!

Well, I'm about 4 days out ... till I cross the line from 1st trimester nightmares to 2nd trimester bliss ...

...NO, I really don't believe that when the magical 14th week of pregnancy begins that I will be walking on clouds. Knowing ME, and the crazy and unpredictable body I have, the second trimester will come with its equally challenging trials.

Today, we went for our second ultrasound. Actually, our appointment was on Tuesday, but somehow we had remembered the date wrong. I thought it was the 25th, so I was counting down the days, hours and minutes, till I could hear my babies heartbeat again. Then Jeremey pulled out our appointment card from his wallet last night, and just hung his head with a big "OH NO." I stayed calm for about 30 seconds till I then broke down realizing that I might not be able to see my baby for another 4 weeks. I wasn't really trusting the Lord at all, and sure enough we got an appointment today!!! PRAISE THE LORD. To my surprise, all the doctor did was check the heartbeat quickly through one of those doppler machines and then it was OVER. No picture!!!!! I've been staring at our 9 weeks ultrasound for the last 4 weeks, and couldn't wait to see how it had grown ... I suppose it's safer not to do to many ultrasounds, but I sure would have liked to see our little bugger squirming around in there. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks we will be able to get one of those 4-D ultrasounds done and find out what the gender of our little girl is ... wait ... yes ... I said little girl. I have a feeling, we both have a feeling. But would obviously be thrilled with little a miniature Jeremey as well!!!

It's funny, I think I have pregnancy brain or something. I was convinced I was growing out my clothes, and couldn't really look at myself in a full length mirror without feeling strange and abnormal, only to find out that I had LOST 2 pounds. WHAT??? Am I crazy ... maybe so. Anyways, I have been quite nauseated since week 7 or so, so thats about 7 weeks of trying my darndest to try to keep food down with little success. I don't know why I was surprised that I lost weight. I think I was assuming that the scale would tip over when I stepped on it in the doctors office, but then they kept moving that little bar to the left. Hmmm, as long as the baby is fine, I'll be fine! Jeremey and I are so thankful that our little one is surviving the harsh conditions of a sick momma. That is one strong and resilient baby!

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing writer Brynn! Keep up the great work, I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that is so funny about the weight :) I weighed 119 at the beginning of my first pregnancy and every time we visited the doctors the scale said 119! (and then finally changed closer to the 5th month) lol It was because I lost like 10lbs and then gained it back before the appt. and then lost a couple lbs off of that and gained it back again lol. They were so surprised they hadn't seen anyone (or maybe very few) maintain weight all the way up to the 5th month. You should take belly updates every week or so (even though you may not be getting bigger) it will be fun to track your progress and will give you something to look forward to during the week! Not to mention I want to see your little one grow :)
    Blessing to your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and by updates I mean take pictures lol

    ReplyDelete