"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Friday, July 29, 2011

It totally ESCAPED my mind! Praise the Lord!

So it totally escaped my mind ... for the past 4 years, I have never let the 28th of July slip by without it weighing heavy on my heart. I had actually thought about what it would be like to hit the 5 year mark many many times, assuming that that day would be hard to swallow ...

But it happened, and as of YESTERDAY, I have been ill for exactly 5 years. BUT the day came and went, and I completely forgot about it!!! Instead I spent my time hanging out with Tatum (recovering from our previous long day at the beach), and then spent the evening on a date with just my husband, while Tatum was babysat. For no particular reason at all, Jeremey and I just decided to go out for a nice dinner and spend some "non baby" time together. What a wonderful way to celebrate "NOT celebrating" my 5 year mark of being sick. It was a pleasant surprise when I saw that todays date was July 29th, and that for the first time in years my illness was NOT consuming my thoughts, so much so, that it's anniversary was FORGOTTEN! Praise the Lord!

I found a goofy picture that was taken just a day before I got sick, way back in 2006. And the bottom photo is of Jeremey, Tatum and I at the beach on Wednesday. The pictures were taken exactly 5 years apart. 5 very LONG, exhausting, growing, life-changing years!



No comments:

Post a Comment