"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A weekend away, and a husbands realization.

I spent this last weekend out of town with my husband, WITHOUT Tatum for the FIRST time EVER. (no I'm not overly protective or possessive of my baby, just the opportunity for us to be away without her hadn't presented itself yet.) But my mom happened to be visiting from Oregon during the same time Jeremey had planned to film a wedding, so he took me along as a second videographer, while grandma stayed with the baby for a couple nights. We had a nice "working" retreat in the beautiful/small town of Juilan California, and stayed in a cabin up in the woods, how fun, how "Oregonian." When we weren't filming, I felt like a fish out of water, without my baby on my hip and a million "mom" details to think about. I caught myself thinking "wheres the diaper bag? do we have wipes? Is there going to be a highchair at the restaurant we are going to? Is there anything dangerous for my baby to run into? You know the normal things a mom of a toddler thinks about ... It's hard to remember what my life was like before I had her, what did I do with my time, and what did I do with all the extra mind space I had that is now taken up by so much "protect, love, teach, feed my baby" mind space.

Though I loved the down time, the outdoors, the one on one time with my husband, and to be able to help Jeremey film the wedding, I missed my baby way too much, that by the time the trip ended, Jeremey said this to me "You are definitely ready for another baby." :) ...


Tatum and Grandma had a blast together though. I don't think she even noticed we were gone, she got frozen yogurt every night, and received more presents than her birthday and Christmas combined. Thanks mom, for watching our wild little girl for us and for loving on her so well. She already misses you! (pictures courtesy of Grandma Pruitt). 






















No comments:

Post a Comment