"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What's been goin on ... the first 5 weeks as a family of 4

Since the writing of my last blog post things have changed quite a bit around here ...

- I started feeling MUCH better. Praise the Lord, no but really. I know it was ONLY the Lord that healed me. I spent 3 weeks hardly able to even stand up from my bed, and then randomly I woke up one morning and felt like a different person. I had about 60% of my strength back, I could stand up without falling over and my headaches were gone. I was a human again! I am back to full strength now, which as a mom of a newborn and a crazy toddler, doesn't mean a whole lot, but considering where I was, things are looking pretty bright around here.

- Our extended family is officially gone. We had help for a month straight, and I cannot explain how much we needed every single ounce of help that we had. With so many emergency runs to the hospital, it would have nearly been impossible to survive without it. Thank you mom, and Diana, for all of your sacrifice. Also thank you Melissa Gonzalas for setting up a whole week of dinners for us. Not only has it been so nice to not have to think about what to make or eat every night, but everything everyone made was delicious. Shannon Deane, Ashley Wingo, Andy Spitzke, the Cunninghams, Melissa, the Mitchells and Monica, you guys are amazing. Thank you so much!


- How am I doing on my own with 2 kids???  My first week went well. Of course there were snags here and there, but it was bearable. As many of you moms of mutiple chidren know, it's the toddlers that make things mighty difficult when you have a newborn, not necessarily the newborn. Tatum demands more attention now that River is here, and is more irritable and needy, and that is just something we will all have to adjust and work through in the next few months as we get use to a family of 4. But I will say, that having 2 kids really does make the time fly by much quicker, probably because I am constantly on the go, and there is no time to look at the clock. I actually really like the hustle and bustle of it all, go figure.



- How is River??? He is a gem, but he is definitely changing. He is up more now, and seems to be having some tummy issues which makes him have some pretty extensive and exhausting crying fits. River was actually born with a tounge tie. They did a minor procedure on it while it in the hospital, but he will more than likely have to have surgery later to snip it further because the tissue was so thick, and it is still slightly tied. I am assuming that his tounge tie issues are leading to him not being able to eat as efficiently as a typical newborn, thus he gets tired really quickly while eating and only nurses for 5 minutes at a time. This also messes with his tummy and makes him swallow more air. Hopefully it will work itself out as he grows. Other than that, he sleeps pretty great at night, is overall a very chill and sweet boy and he loves his sister. Sometimes when he is hysterically crying, Tatum will be the only one who can calm him down. How sweet!






- Tatum is POTTY TRAINED! Thank you grandma Diana for grabbing the reigns on this one, and doing all the hard work while I was laid up in bed. We have gone days now without any accidents, and I couldn't be more proud. Only one kid in diapers now, not 2! My tiny little gal, without a diaper is now wearing size 12 month pants/shorts again ... ummm she is 28 months old. She is so tiny.



- This semester at the bible college is officially over today. I cannot beleive how much has happened in just these last 4 months. Jeremey will be teaching his final class this evening, and then we are set for summer to begin, and for the chaos to slow down a bit. Below is a video that Jeremey just finished up for the semester, something a little different, but equally as awesome. I'm excited to share it with you all.

1 comment: