"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My husband/my babies daddy



I just wanted to take a moment and dedicate a blog post to my incredible husband. Though of course I am bias in every way possible, I believe that he is the greatest one in the world. Even if I were to only know him from a distance I would still believe the same thing ;)

Jeremey pursued me in some of the darkest years of my life, overlooking all the health issues I posessed, and trusting the Lord that I was the one for him. He knew going into our marriage that it was not going to be like those of the rest of his friends or family, and still he Loved me and chose me. He knew that I was not able to work, that I was bed ridden most of the time, that I was going to rack up a good medical bill and countless other things ... yet still he knew I was the one for him. When I think about how much he must have gone through in those months where we were growing closer, knowing that he was walking into a situation that most will not face till they are old and crippled, I am astounded by his faith. Why would he chose me??? What good am I??? He is Godly man, and as I'm sure these thoughts crossed his mind too, he did not let them carve a wedge between himself and what the Lord wanted.

Even now, 9 months after our wedding. He has only grown more. His selflessness has not waned just because the wedding bells have stopped ringing. He has stepped up as a man of true character and faith. My husband has endured a lot, but very rarely with a bad attitude (we are all human right?) If you know him personally, you will have seen that even in the most difficult of times, he is always cracking a joke, singing a song, or doing a dance, but that he is also incredibly compassionate and mindful of those around him. He is my treasure.

Since being pregnant, his responsibilities have become even heavier, as I have become and continue to be so very sick. He endures so many sleepless nights, and the baby has not even yet arrived. He is not only the bread winner, but the house maker, the cook, does the laundry, shops for groceries, you name it, he does it. He does all the things I cannot do, plus everything else. It is difficult at times, not to look at my role as a wife and get down on myself for doing so little, but that is where his true Love shows through, he continually tells me that this is what the Lord has called him to do. He does not expect for me to be like all the other wives. I will never be them. I can only be who the Lord wants and allows me to be, and Jeremey only expects me to trust the Lord with that one simple thing ... how encouraging is that???

And now, this wonderful man is going to the be the father to our baby girl. Her and I are SO blessed. Thank you Jeremey for your sacrifice and selflessness. I Love you babe!

1 comment: