"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Monday, August 16, 2010

22 weeks, A Christmas baby, or so it seems that way.



Well, today is baby Wilson's 22nd week in the womb. I can feel her move quite a bit now, and even though I actually lost 1 pound according to our ob visit on Thursday, I am significantly much bigger to the eye. We really have no idea why or how I lost weight again, but Jeremey and I always joke about how strange it is that at 22 weeks pregnant (117 pounds) that I am still so much smaller than I was back in my first and second semester here at bible college (2005/2006). I am actually starting to wear my clothes from back then. It's interesting because I never knew I weighed over 115, but most obviously I must have. Anyways, I guess that is insignificant information to most. I was just thinking out loud. I suppose that means that I don't have to buy quite as many maternity clothes! (not sure why this paragraph is bold, but I can't get rid of it, sorry)


Today, we went in for our midway scan of the baby, to get a thorough check to see if she is developing correctly. So far so good. It seems as though every time we go in though, the doctor moves the due date closer and closer to Christmas. Though I have a very strong feeling that our baby is going to arrive early, her technical due

date is now December 23rd ... oh my. I am going to stick to December 20th in my mind. It is more settling, and gives me hope that I won't be laying on a hospital bed during Christmas Eve. Every time we get to see her on the ultrasound, the tech tells us that she is such a squirmer, and it always takes forever to get her to sit still for any pictures ... does this remind you of somebody ... especially Wilson family members??? A little female Jeremey on the way if you ask me. YAY!!!


So as of Lately, I have been feeling even more sick than usual. I know ... how could I feel more sick??? I wonder too. Not with morning sickness, phew, thats over for the most part. But with extreme dizziness, far worse than more than my normal vertigo. We have no idea why, and I have started to feel as though it is not my place to figure out. What I do know, is that I am slowly coming to grips with the fact that there is a GOOD chance that I will NOT ever start to feel better till my pregnancy is over, and only the Lord knows if it will even happen then. It is a strange place to get to, but it is building Jeremey and my faith, as each day gets harder and harder. There really is no place to turn or to place my trust than in Jesus. I am of course anxious about what this means for the future, how I will deal with labor, and especially how I will handle taking care of a newborn, but I will drive myself crazy if I think about it too much. We would Love all the prayers we can get. Strength for my husband, the baby and myself. Emotional strength as we are humbled by the fact that we may need to aquire more help in the future once the baby is born. Prayer that the Lord will supply all of our "needs" not "wants" whether that be physically, spiritually or financially. Prayer for my physical body. It is very weak and needs much supernatural strength to endure the days to come. Prayer that Jeremey and my hearts would be sold out to the Lord, not just in trial, but in every aspect of life. Prayer that the Lord would continue to supply fellowship, friends who would willingly come alongside us in this time and support us in the Lord. (We have amazing friends, haha, you all are huge blessings to our lifes, and have encouraged us so much!), and prayer for wisdom and direction in the next 4 months!!! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Your little girl is precious... thanks for letting me be a part of this. I will definitely be praying for you... seeing as your coming close to the end I suggest you look into some teas that will strengthen your uterus for labor (like red raspberry leaf, there is also a tea called pregnancy tea) ... when I drank the pregnancy tea I noticed a significant difference in my day... also my midwife recommends taking calcium citrate daily while pregnant to help your body as well as baby ... and also fish oils (but you have probably already heard that) ... not trying to irritate, just wanted to share some of the things that helped me keep trudging along... (I was 41 weeks when I delivered my wonderful 9 lbs 6 oz 21.25 in baby) blessings from the Juliots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A christmas baby wouldn't be so bad ;o) If you get to choose though, before Christmas, is definitely better than after Christmas. Just my opinion as an experienced Christmas baby :oD

    ReplyDelete