"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

False alarm



False alarm ... no, not the OMG, I think I'm going into labor type false alarm ... Praise the Lord ... but the "something might be wrong with your baby" type, which can actually be worse. Jeremey and I have been very realistic in the last nearly 8 months, knowing that at any time we could be hit with news that our baby is not 100% perfect. With all my medical issues, in a weird way, we have been expecting it. Every appointment up until she started kicking we would hold our breath while the doctor looked for a heart beat, and I have always been overly cautious and worried about every little twinge, or oddball thing that has come up concerning my baby. I think most moms are probably like this huh. Sometimes it it just so hard to trust the Lord and give up the worrying ...


At my 30 week appointment, my doctor said I was measuring way too small, or the baby, rather was measuring too small. A whole month (26 weeks). I know there are a thousand things that an OB could say that could be worse and set our world into a tailspin, but I was still a bit worried. I beat myself up a bit, believing that it was my fault, not eating enough, being sick, not taking the right vitamins, and so on. Had my baby stopped growing? Was something even greater wrong with her? Was she suffering inside of me because my body is so weak? The doctor set up a special ultrasound to be done just a few days later, this ultrasound would measure the baby exactly, instead of the OB just assuming there is something wrong by the size of my belly. We were a bit concerned but also excited that we would get to see our little ones face again, it's been a while. As fun as ultrasounds are though, I'm actually not a huge fan, only because they make you drink so much water that you feel like your bladder and your baby are gonna pop right out of you. Plus Jeremey and I got totally lost on the way to the clinic, then they set back our appointment time anyways, ugh, even more waiting, and unable to use the restroom.


But to see your baby is worth all of it ... When the tech checked the babies size, to our excitement she was a perfect 30 weeks and 5 days. She was ahead of schedual as far as size!!! Can you believe it. The OB was off by that much, well maybe she wasn't OFF, but my belly is just measuring that much smaller. The tech didn't seem fazed by it, she just said "you have a super small frame, but your baby is growing just fine." Woo hoo, my little goober is really doing it!!! What a relief! My thoughts at this point were "Praise the Lord, now lets see her sweet little face on the ultrasound screen." Our daughter had other plans though, she was flipped upside down and backwards in my womb, facing my backbone, so there wasn't a chance we could see her face ...I had hardly slept a wink the night before in anticipation of seeing her again, and though we were bummed about that situation, the reason we went in was to make sure she was growing correctly, so we left the clinic thrilled at our babies progress. It was just a false alarm. For now, all is well!


In other news, we are moved in to our new place. There is still so much to do, still things to unpack and put in there places, and still so many things we would Love to get to make our condo seem like a home rather than a bachelor pad. The time is going quickly and the home projects seem never ending, especially being sick, and nearly 8 months pregnant. But boy are we blessed. This is a season of new things, our lives will never again be the same. While talking to Jeremey the other day I mentioned something about just being "a kid" still and then we realized that we aren't at all. Yes we Love to laugh and goof off and have fun like kids, and we will both always be the babies of our immediate familes, but the Lord has built us up over the past years, has taught us to Love Him deeper in a more real way, and has prepared us to be parents. Thank you Lord for trusting us with these things!!! (Hopefully soon we will have pictures to share of our new place.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Brynn, I can't imagine the worry. I am paranoid with Noah all the time, even though I am constantly praying for peace! Using the doppler is helping me make it between ultrasounds! Sounds like things are going well, though, and hopefully you'll see her precious little face soon! Take care, Katie

    ReplyDelete