"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Thursday, February 10, 2011

In the last 6 weeks ...

Our first family picture!

Hello again. Just wanted to write a quick blog. Tatum is 6 weeks today and she rocks! I have never been more tired in my life ... and I think I have lost nearly all my ability to think rationally.
.. but a friend told me that the first 6 weeks are the hardest. I pray she is right, haha, because boy have they been hard, but I know that every baby and every situation is different. But many aspects that were hard the first few weeks have cleared up, while others begin to surface. I suppose that thats what the life of a mother truly is, and that is where trusting the Lord becomes even more necessary than breathing! In the last 6 weeks ...

- I fell in Love, with a beautiful baby girl, and with my husband all over again.
- Learned how to care for a life more than I care for my own.
- Fought through countless moments of thinking "I can't do this."
- Walked longer and further than I have in 4 years, for the sake of getting my baby fresh air!
- Pushed myself to limits that go beyond my comprehension.
- Experienced Joy, anxiety, sadness and peace all in the same instant, haha.
- Slept ... hardly at all.
- Loved ... a whole lot!
- Learned at such a fast rate that I can't keep my head on straight.
- Lost all track of time, hours, days, months, what year are we in???
- Gone to the urgent care twice.
- Seen smiles and heard "coos" that are irresistible.
- Watched my baby grow out of a majority of her newborn clothes :(
- Taken so many pictures that our hard drives are nearly full!
- Learned to trust the Lord ...

Can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks will bring!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she looks juuussssttt like you! I have a blog now too, it's sort of boring, but it's my life, and I love it. ;) -Ashley www.houseoflovelock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... haha ... absolutely everything you just described seems so familiar (minus the trips to urgent care)! i found the hardest thing for me was as soon as i thought i got the rhythm and routine down, seth would grow and change and we'd have to figure it all out again. whew! glad to hear you're doing good :)

    ReplyDelete