"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Insight into my past of soccer concussions - 2 videos

A lot has been going on in the last week. It has been emotionally draining and so I'm going to hold out on posting about it, till everything starts to calm down ...


Till then, I wanted to share this news story from NBC.  Many people wonder, as do I, how on earth I ended up with my chronic condition of vertigo. There have been many theories as to how and why I got this illness, and why it has not gone away in almost 6 years. My husband holds strong to one of these theories, and it just so happens to be exactly what this news story is about. For those that DON'T know, in my many years of playing competative soccer, I got 6 concussions. Due to this, some doctors and my husband assume that my concussions have led to long term brain trauma, resulting in many of the dibilitating symptoms that I have faced. The only reason I don't COMPLETELY 100% agree that that is the whole reason behind my illness, is because the onset of my symptoms happened nearly 5 years after I had stopped playing, and they tend to ebb and flow. Nonetheless, no doubt it probably contributes in some way. As I watched this news report, I felt like these girls were exactly me at 18 years old. I had the same drive for the sport, I got the same joy in playing in, and I had the same feelings towards continuing to play after already receiving concussions. I have many many friends who played soccer and DIDN'T ever get one concussion, so I'm not dogging the sport or telling people not to play. I am sad for these girls, but I know that people can get hurt doing anything. I do believe though, that there is a line that needs to be drawn. I Just wanted to throw this out there, for a little more background.





1 comment:

  1. I had NO idea. Wow. Will be praying for your head, Brynn, but also all the girls and guys out there. Yikes...

    ReplyDelete