"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Friday, November 16, 2012

I've made it half way through pregnancy #2 (hear how things have been going)


So, I'm nearly halfway through this pregnancy and wanted to do a little check in, to let those who care know what has been going on.

- I would like to call this pregnancy the "pregnancy of diabolic headaches." Since week 10, I have had a consistant headache. Sometimes they form into migraines, other times they just sit in the base of my neck all day and make me want to scream. Some days they lie behind my eyes, and make them water till I can't see straight, and every once in a while they will ease up and more or less just become an annoying dullness throughout my whole skull. haha, yikes. I truly believe that there has to be an end to the torture, just hoping that the end doesn't have to be when I finally deliever this baby.
- Many people ask how my vertigo is this time around. It is decent on some days, unbearable on others. Still more than I would like to deal with, but I am pushing through with the Lords strength.
- Cravings??? Oddly, I crave hot sauce, and pickles. Ugh, how boring. But the other day I did have one random craving for chocolate covered gummybears, and we headed straight to the mall to fill the silly desire! 
- Weight gain ... get this ... I  have only thrown up once this entire pregnancy, but I have still lost 4 pounds since my 7 week appointment (which was my first weigh in). I understood how I lost so much weight LAST pregnancy because I was throwing up mutiple times a day, till 20 weeks. But what on earth has caused my weight loss this time? So confused, and assume my OB will put me on a super high calorie diet next time I see her.
- Contrary to not gaining any weight yet. I feel HUGE. I definitely have a baby belly, and definitely have started wearing maternity clothes. I have lost weight in some areas, while gaining in others ... you figure it out.
-My little guy is a MOVER. I started feeling him at 16 weeks, and he just keeps getting more and more active. Dare I say that I have a feeling that he might be a wild one like our Tatum. My mind goes bonkers thinking about it.
- Tatum very much knows that there is a baby in my tummy. Though she also believes there is one in hers and daddys too. BUT, she takes mine a little more seriously. Every time she wakes up in the morning or from a nap, she has to give the baby kisses and says "niiice baby."

We continue to feel so blessed that the Lord would allow us to have another child, but do continue to hope and pray that the second half of this pregnancy would be a bit easier than than first half has been. For now we our flying off to Oregon for thanksgiving! WOO HOO! Vacation time!!!

1 comment: