"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

As the seasons change (where will the Lord have us now?)



And there it goes ... summer.

I use to obsess over the summertime, I would never miss a single moment of being outside under the beautiful blue skies as long as I could help it. But lets get real, I don't live in Oregon anymore, where summer lasts somewhere around 6 weeks, and still has rainy days intermixed. I live in the state of neverending sunshine, where the idea of wearing a jacket excites me because FALL is upon us.

This summer has been superb ... really, it has been very unique, in that, due to my bettering of health, Jeremey and I have consequently thrown the whole "lets pace ourselfs and pick and choose what activies to do" attitude right out the window, and instead have just gone for it. 2 kids, no biggy, long road trips, piece of cake, every weekend filled with activites, easy ... No not exactly ... but we still did it.  Having 2 children, though much harder, makes you want to just get out there and start those family memories and traditions even more so. So that is what we did. This is a season in my life I want to NEVER forget. My babies are young, life is realitively simple, I live in the "coveted" state of California, where my husband works 1 minute from our house, I serve a beautiful and loving and gracious God ... and I feel GREAT. For any of you who read this, if I ever relapse back into my previous illness, remind me of this season, please, don't let me forget it. With that, I bid fare well to a summer I hope to always remember, full of countless beach trips, lots of extended family, bbq's, late nights with friends, and watching my babies grow.

One last thing ...

(As summer ends, and the seasons begin to change, our family seem to be following suit as well. For those in the bible college circle, most of you know that Jeremey has been asked to become the pastor for Calvary Chapel Hot Springs (the church here on campus). When approached with this opportunity several months ago, as you can probably imagine, it came as quite a shock. For months, nearly a year though, Jeremey and I had been praying about where or what the Lord was leading us to in the next season of our lives, so it was interesting timing to say the least. We have yet to make a final decision on whether Jeremey will take the position, but right now, he has started teaching every couple of weeks at the church. We are seeking the Lords guidance and are still prayerfully trying to count the costs, and hear from the Lord as to what direction He wants to take us. We know that if this is where the Lord is leading, that with it will come much responsibility and much change to our family. Jeremey and I both feel like such fish out of water at the thought of such an opportunity, but we know that the Lord often uses those who feel the least qualified. Pray for us in this time of seeking the Lords direction for our lives.)


No comments:

Post a Comment