"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

100th blog post - Tatum's 1st birthday!!!



(Crazy how it worked out, this is my 100th blog post ever written, and it is all about my babies first birthday.)

So it really happened. My baby turned ONE! it wasn't your typical all out, organized, pre-planned, over the top type birthday. It was much more simple. We wanted Tatums Aunt Stephanie to be a part of the big day, because she has been such a special part of Tatum's life since she was born. So like Christmas, we had the party in the hospital. It was unconventional, but perfect. Jeremey and I didn't really know what we were doing with the whole party planning thing, do we ever know what we are doing? We are new to this, but Tatum had all her family members that she Loves surrounding her on the big day, even grandma and grandpa from Oregon through facetime chat. We sang happy birthday, opened gifts, ate cake, had a dance party on the wii, and really just Loved on our little girl as much as we possibly could. She went home with more gifts than she could ever need, ate way to much sugar (yes I let her eat sugar, its her birthday, come on) and overall made her way into her second year of life like a champ. The Lord has blessed our family beyond belief. If I had to write down how many times in the last year that I thought I couldn't make it another day, being chronically ill with a new baby, I would run out of ink. But the Lord saw us through, and we made it. I really do have the most amazing daughter in the world, who has made my world a thousand times brighter. Happy birthday to the sweetest and funniest girl I know.

I use my blog as a sort of journal, something to look back on in the future to remember the crazy stories or beautiful times in life that I may have otherwise forgotten. The night before Tatums birthday I wrote her a letter. Thought I would post it here ... to document. If you manage to get to the bottom of this post with the amount of pictures I posted, go ahead and check it out.


Birthday morning breakfast


Getting ready to party!

The only shot we got of the 3 of us. I guess it works, haha.
Cousin Micha was Tatum's present opener, he did a great job.

Wii dance party!
100 dollars from grandma and grandpa Pruitt. Thank you guys!
She is really excited about her new clothes!

All the cousins!


Converse!



Awaiting her cake!

Chowing down.





Texting and driving already.


"Tatum

Your mom is a sap. I always have been, I've just closeted it well. I Love you. I Love everything about you. A year ago you were put into my arms for the first time and right then and there you changed my world. I was very very sick before you were born … LONG before you were born. In fact, I didn't even know how it was going to be possible to take care of you because I was so sick. But the LORD saw fit for me to be a mom, and I Love it, and He has helped me learn to take care of you the very best way I can with my sickness. It is hard, don't get me wrong, but you are so worth it. You know what the cool part is Tatum … since you were about 5 months old, I started to feel not as sick anymore. I was able to play with you more often, take you on more walks, adventure out more, and overall just enjoy you as you grew up. I know the Lord has used you to help heal my physical body. Thank you baby girl. I look forward to the day where I can explain to you the sheer miracle of it all. Now a whole year later I can look back and see how faithful the Lord has been to you and I and your daddy. He has provided all yours needs, and all your parents needs. He is a wonderful Loving father, much like your earthly daddy, but WAY better. I can't wait for you to learn more about Him. Tatum, this year you have exceeded all my expectations. You were born with little to no complications AT ALL. You rolled over for the first time when you were just ity bitty and you crawled super early. Your first word was daddy, which didn't surprise me at all, and you continue to say it over and over over again everyday. You wave hello and goodbye like a pro and give the most wonderful kisses and hugs in the world. You dance, boy do you dance, and you have the best moves. I know all babies like music, but I see a future for you in this area. As of today, your first birthday, you have 3 1/4 teeth, and have taken numerous steps, but just can't quite get the hang of the whole full on walking thing. But thats ok, you are just giving your mom a break before things get even crazier when you walk for good. You really like sunglasses, riding on your car, and your favorite toy is moms computer. You love to smash the keys. You are funny like your dad, but an observer like me. You have his eyes, but my smile, you are a true split between the two of us. You are beautiful, really truly beautiful. Overall you are just such a fun girl, such a crack up, such a blessing, such a joy. Yes, you force me to get up early, and exhaust me to no end with your endless energy, yes I have to change those ever so wonderful diapers everyday, and yes as you are getting more of a personality you are becoming a bit more stubborn. But you have pushed your mom to trust the Lord in ways that I never have before. You have changed who I am, and who I want to be and I will never be the same again. Because of the joy you bring your dad and I, we are excited to someday have a little brother or sister to add to our family, and we can already tell that you will be a great big sister. When I put you down for bed last night, I got tears in my eyes thinking that the next time I saw you, you would be turning ONE year old. We have made it a whole year. 12 months of paranoid, scatterbrained, sleep deprived, momness, and 12 months of growing, learning, overly cute Tatumness. Thank you for being my daughter. I have told you that every night since you were born, and I have meant it every single time. I Love you with my whole heart Tatum Joy. You are my gift from the Lord. Happy first Birthday! Love mom."

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet letter. it brought tears to my eyes. you totally explained the joy of motherhood! tatum is blesed to have you as her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be such an amazing gift for her to have later in life! What a great idea, Brynn! :)

    ReplyDelete