"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines day, and my own personal Channing Tatum ....




This Valentines day I went and saw the movie "The Vow" with my husband ....

Before you start judging my movie choices, and rolling your eyes, let me just say a couple of things ... I thought it was great, not just because I adore Rachel McAdams, and think that Channing Tatum is charming and wonderful (not to mention has a fantastic last name), and not just because it was sappy, and chick flicky, and got my female emotions all fluttery. It was definitely more than that. It reminded me of a very similar love between Jeremey and I. A love that can withstand the most obscure of circumstances. No I have never gotten in a car accident and lost my memory before, BUT I do have a man in my life who has never given up on me, even when I have absolutley nothing to give back to him because of my illness. I have a man who has given up his life to love me in my extreme weakenesses, a man who sees past who I once was before I was sick, and embraces and cherishes who I am in my present state. I have seen my husband support me as I lay in hospital beds, push me in wheelchairs, take me on countless long car rides just to get me out of the house, plead on my behalf to doctors, and suffer with me through my sufferings. I have seen him sacrifice his own wants and desires to love me unconditionally. This is a beautiful love story. Some may say Channing Tatum in the "The Vow" represents a man that could never exist. I'll say to that ... First of all, the movie is based after a true story. The man really does exist, and second ... As I was sitting next to Jeremey last night watching the dreamy couple interact, I thought to myself "I have a husband even more wonderful than this because he is Godly and truly Loves the Lord. His Love for me is because of Gods Grace." How completely and utterly, and overwhelmingly blessed am I. (I have my own personal Channing Tatum, or whatever the guys name is who he plays in the movie. Such a dorky thought, I know, but whatever.)

We aren't a fairy tale couple, far from it. We don't live in la la land and soak up our trials with consistantly joyful outlooks. We get in fights, and we bicker, but we love each other with great understanding. Someday maybe we will write our love story and make a movie out of it ;) I would be lying if I said we hadn't thought about it before.

4 comments:

  1. just tears, this is so beautiful. and please make a movie of your story, it would exceed the vow time 1000! love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this blog.
    You & Jeremey are seriously an incredible couple... I haven't actually ever seen you in person as a couple [I don't think], but just knowing through blog& FB posts shows me it's true.
    I wasn't planning on watching this movie, because I'm not particularly into chick flicks, but if you guys make a movie out of your story, I'd totally watch it. Plus, I've seen Jeremey's work. But can you guys star in it? I think that'd definitely be more believable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see it with Thomas I keep hearing how amazing it is :)
    God bless you guys great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is such a blessing to me! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete