"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The sick life VS the stay at home mom ... (videos included)

At times being a chronically ill person AND a stay at home mom can become very conflicting in my mind. These two titles contrast and contradict one another so much that I often have a hard time finding my true role in the home ... or anywhere for that matter. I too, in the holiday season, want to keep up with the joneses, decorate my house beautifully, bake cookies, make lavish meals, have many adventurous holiday family outings, and so on. But within my limiations of battling what can be a pretty debilitating illness at times, and being pregnant on top of that, these things that I just mentioned are simply not always within my reach. Instead as a family, we have had to learn to trust the Lord in a different way, and remember that this is the life in which He has given me (us).  We have to take things slower, do things more simply and chose activities more carefully. We aren't exactly the typical family and in retrospect, I would say this has served as a huge blessing. I will never be "supermom" or have things ALL together. Instead I've coined the phrase that I simply just must try to survive, while doing my best to keep an eternal perspective and having open ears to hear what it is that the Lord is calling ME to do. Taking my focus off what the worlds standards are, and understanding what the Lord's calling is for our small family.

With that in mind ...

In an attempt to be a bit festive and in the Christmas spirit, last weekend we fillmed a short video of us decorating our Christmas tree. Nothing over the top like other videos we have done in the past. Just point and shoot, and wer're done! Just a small way to remember some moments from Christmas 2012. Along with a short video of Tatum's new favorite pastime (with some special commentating by daddy ;)

Rockin Around from Jeremey Wilson on Vimeo.

1 comment: