"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A wedding, a birthday, and 24 cooky Wilsons!

Anybody else out there have a huge, crazy, entertaining family like us??? I Love my family, all sides, but like most families they have their quirks. Many times I have told my husband that if we could just someday write a movie based solely on his immediate family during just one holiday or one vacation, that we could make a MEGA comedic hit in the box office, I mean seriously there are A LOT of us, A LOT of kids, A lot of strong willed people, who make A LOT of noise and a LOT of comotion ...

This last weekend was one of those times as the last of the 5 Wilson children (Jeremey's brother Daniel) got married!!! Among all the funny/odd things that happened, the brides "all the way to the ground" veil got stepped on and completly ripped while being badazzeled just a day before the wedding. We contimplated whether the wisest thing to do was to tell her, and pray it wouldn't ruin everything, or wait till afterwards to avoid stress for the bride. After much maintenance by Jeremey's mom and sister, it hardly looked like anything had happened, and in the end we decided to tell her before the wedding, and ALL was GOOD. Praise the Lord, bug sigh of relief! All funny/crazy Wilson "idiosyncrasies" put aside, It was a beautiful country wedding at the the tippy top of a mountain here in Southern California, Dominique, the bride, looked stunning, and Daniel was a handsome country cowboy, it was quite a sight to behold...





In the midst of it all, it was also my 27th birthday, so for the sake of the millions of nieces and nephews I had with me, we celebrated it at Chuck E Cheese, playing arcades, eating way to much pizza and chasing kids around. Truly, no exageration, I wouldn't have wanted to spend my birthday ANY other way. I am not a big fan of celebrating my own birthday. I always feel awkward, and don't really like a lot of attention on me. So this was very fitting, seeing as I Love kids, and that the only attention that was on me was from my nieces and nephews trying to bargain me for more tokens. Picture perfect. This was the first year in many that I was able to celebrate without feeling terribly sick. Also, this was the first year that I took a look BACK on my life and thought "Wow, I have made it 27 years" rather than thinking ahead to how many years I had left. I am a big time adult now, and I am nearing 30 ... weird, what on earth happened???








What a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment