"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's good to be feeling good: An update on my health.


I realized, as I look back on many past blogposts, that I have forgotten to let you guys know how it is that I have being doing health wise lately. You may be asking ...

"Are you healed? cuz it sure looks like you have been doing a lot of "up and about" activities lately." The answer: No, I'm not healed.

or you may be asking. "Have you been exaggerating in the past as to how sick you are?" The answer: No, no exaggeration.

or, you may be thinking "Has anything changed at all?" The answer: Yes, it has, let me tell you about it.

In the past 5 months or so, I have been feeling BETTER. All Glory to the Lord, it was nothing I did. At the beginning of the summer, I started to feel like the the physical pressure that constantly wracks my head with dizziness and disorientation began to lighten a bit. I no longer consistantly feel like I have been drugged and beaten over the head while traveling on a small boat in the ocean while sitting on a marry-go-round. Sounds drastic, but this was an everyday, every moment type of feeling. In this new season I have been more capable and able to go out and do "normal" people things. This is something I have prayed for for years! There have even been moments or days where my sickness was not even thought about. THAT IS HUGE!!! I am rarely in my wheelchair anymore, I take a lot more walks, am able to hold normal to semi normal conversations with people, haha, and don't ALWAYS have to be sitting down to ensure I don't fall over. Most importantly, I am am able to spend time with my family doing more fun activities outside the house, I can play with daughter, go on dates with my husband, and you get the picture. It really has been a very VERY blessed and cherished season. Jeremey and I have to remind ourselfs daily to thank the Lord for each moment that I am feeling well. Believe it or not, it is EASY to forget how bad things really were.

Now before you get ahead of yourself and think that everything is all fine and dandy over here, I must tell you, that I am still very much sick. I can do the above mentioned activities, yes, for the most part, BUT I still take medication daily, and still have to take things very slow. My days are very OFF and ON. Some will be great, and the next day I will feel like I need to be in the hospital. And somedays I just have to take it hour by hour. My symptoms can change THAT fast. But all things considered, having good days AND bad days is better than just always having BAD days, right? If this is just a season, then praise the Lord for the season of good/better health, but if it is a definite turning point in my illness towards an overall healthier body, then praise the Lord for that too. No matter what happens, I want to remain thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Brynn,
    Thank you for sharing your story and posting updates on your health! I'm that's hard to do most times (I can hardly keep up with my own health journal).
    I admire your faith in God, love for Him, and desire to remain thankful! I'm glad you choose to tell your story honestly, raw and real rather than smearing a fluffy sugar coating all over it ;) You and your beautiful family are in my prayers =)
    ~Jen Byron

    ReplyDelete