"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fashion what??? A northwest girl in a So Cal world. (Baby fashion)

I must admit something, I am NOT a fan of shopping. Seriously. I have hated it since I was very young and malls have always made me sick, even before I was chronically ill. When I was young I often found myself having to leave shopping trips early because the wide array of smells and chaos at malls made my stomach churn, literally. Yes, I know, so odd for a girl to say, but it is just how I have always been. Don't get me wrong I like new clothes like rest of the female world, if someone gave me a shopping spree I would totally take it, and think that those that CAN pull off the latest fashion trends definitely have a GIFT, but I haven't a clue about fashion. No clue whats in, or whats out, or what is up and coming. My husband often makes fun of me for the fact that I chose what I'm wearing everyday based soley on its "comfort level. Maybe I have that mentality because I'm from Oregon and their style is more columbia sportswear/Northface hiking type clothes, (though I have many portland friends who are fashionistas and dress so cal) Or perhaps it's because I grew up playing soccer everyday, or spending my summers rafting, seeing as my family are river guides. Whatever it is. Southern California is the wrong place for me to be, when it comes to fashion. Its just really not something that is important to me. I will always be a t-shirt, jeans and hooded sweatshirt type of girl, with an occational out of the box clothing option, usually picked out by my husband. (I do love jackets though. That is my one clothing obsession, shout out to Jeremey's dad, who also is jacket obsessed!). At the end of the day though, When all the new fashions come sweeping through, I often find myself saying "I could never pull that off" and end up just sticking to what I know. The interesting thing is how one of my favorite shows to watch is Project Runway, hahaha. weird.

BUT ... wanna know what the funny thing is ... I Love dressing my daughter ...

Even funnier. I had always dreaded having to dress a girl someday ... I didn't dread the girl, I Love my GIRL, but the clothes ...

... Pink, frills, bows, tutus, loud colorful dresses, with animal chararters, or hearts or stars on every corner, oh my. I have found though, that it is possible to dress a girl cute without it making your eyes hurt. Neutral/ earth tones, solid colors, soft pinks, tastefull design, and no cartoony side art. This is all just a basis of opinion, so if you like these things, please don't be offended. You may not like elements that I like, and that is perfectly fine. Now, not that we have a lot of money to buy super nice clothes for a baby, but for us the more simple the better, and simple usually means cheaper, "usually", while still allowing her to look like a girl of course, and making sure she is comfortable ;) Really, we are just thankful that the Lord has provided for us to provide for our daughter, and have a little fun with it. I may not know anything about fashion but I do know that there is just something so fun about dressing a little girl in skinny jeans. A statement that I thought I would NEVER live to say. I hope I don't ruin Tatums sense of style because of my lack of it, but it will only be a matter of time before she can choose to wear whatever she wants, modestly of course ...

Here are a few pictures of items Tatum has, or the type of things I like.
Got these jeans for her receantly, and am in love with them. I want a pair for myself. Love the belt.
Dont have this but i think it is so pretty and muted and simple.
Got a jacket similiar to this for her, but without the fur. Love it. Bought it with a pen mark on the front, so we got it for cheap. We don't really care as long as she is warm in the oregon snow.
Love the softness of this pink, and the style. Maybe I'll get it on clearance someday.
Tatum has these boots and Loves them. They never fall off and keep her nice and cozy!


Tatum has several of these little shirts. They are so simple, colorful and clean and go with anything. My type of style!

Baby Jeggings. One of my favorite buys so far. They slip on so easily and look great!
HAT
I use to have a little obsession with hats and beanies. Hope Tatum like them too. Beanies are the cutest on babies! If they can manage to keep them on.

A simple sandle, that stays on for the most part and is super cute. Tatum is a fan.
Hooded jacket
We have this sweatshirt, and really love it. I am a huge fan of anything that has a hood, for myself or for my baby.


little gal in her jeans and sandles.
View of the belt. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment