"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

25 facts you may not know about ME!


(I feel like there are a few certain things I talk about quite often on my blog, my health, my faith, my husband, and my baby ... obviously these are the most important topics, but I thought I would share some unknown facts about myself. Here are 25 things most of you MAY not know about me.)

1. I have 2 brothers ... yes this is often an unknown fact. Most people think I'm an only child. Brother Kole, who is 32, lives in San Francisco and a brother Doug who is 30, currently stationed in Washington, flies planes in the airforce, and deploys next week, has 3 kids and a wife.























2. I went to Oregon State University. GO beavers. I was there for 2 years making a lot of friends, and not going to a lot of classes. It was there that I went to my first Calvary Chapel church and fell in Love with the word of God!

3. I have uncles named Bert and Ernie. Same side of the family, though one is an in-law.

4. I did NOT grow up in a Christian home. Everybody assumes I did. Quite opposite actually. I grew up in a sterile Catholic church where I didn't understand a word. My parents had a rough divorce when I was 6 and I didn't start going to church again till I was in middle school. Only because my best friends parents said if I spent the night at their house on Saturday, I had to go to church on Sunday. Accepted the Lord in 9th grade.

5. My brother Kole was a magician when we were young. Him and I would do shows at fairs and at schools, and I was his little assistant. I thought I was the coolest kid in the world because we could fool the crowds into thinking I had disapeared. Still to this day I won't tell his secrets.


6. Contradictory to the fact that a majority of my life I have had a deep glowing suntan, I actually I have a very hard time being in the sun. It makes me very sick to be in hot climates.
go figure right? After becoming a momma, tans don't exist anymore.

7. When I was little, I always had a feeling that I would get sick at a young age. When I fell ill back in 2006. I KNEW that that "age"had come.

8. I was introduced to Facebook back in 2004, when a close friend of mine from Harvard told me that a guy from his school had started a new social network. (Mark Zuckerberg), and that it had just gone public to college universities, after just being at the ivey league schools. I was a skeptic, but I eventually got it. At the time facebook didnt even have profile pics, no pictures at all actually, and it was called "The Facebook." It was like living in the stone age.

9. I play guitar, and dabble in piano, and have written hundreds of half songs. Yet only 4 have ever been completed or heard. (Also, I use to be a worship leader at CCBC until I got sick)


10. I got kicked out of the presbyterian church for 6 months when I was a sophomore in college, after a few other camp counselors and I during a highschool winter camp, snuck our cabin of girls out in the middle of the night to do "bonding" games. A few girls ended up streaking across camp at their own will. Some parents found out, and myself and a few counselors got the boot. I still think its the funniest thing ever.

11. I dont drink coffee, ever.

12. I once had a sore throat that lasted 2 years. I took so much medicine, that I should have just built a pharmacy in my house. Sometimes I think this is what led to my current illness.

13. I have been rafting and kyaking rivers since I was 6. My stepdad is a river guide and my grandpa was one of the few men who helped make the blueprints for the first white water raft. My grandpa was also a river guide and took the beautiful miss Shirley Temple on a rafting trip when he was young. In his mid 80s he still spends time on the river. My grandpa is a stud.


14. Ask my husband, I am the most high-maintenicce sleeper you will ever meet. I have at least 20 things I need, or have to have done before I get in bed. I need an hour and half to wind down, I take medicine to sleep, and STILL I have insomnia and hardly ever get good rest.

15. I have had 6 concussions. All from soccer ... One time after blacking out, my coach asked what my name was, and I said "Tuesday". It was Saturday.

16. I wear sunglasses on my head almost all the time because my eyes are VERY senstive to light, and I never know when I might need them.

17. I draw ... mostly portraits. This is something a few of Jeremey's family members just discovered, and have been giving me a hard time about it ever since finding out.

18. I sang in the choir in highschool, and still to this day think it was one of the most fun experiences of my life, I would do it over again a million times if I could. I started as a first saprano, the highest female voice, today I am a second alto, the lowest female voice. Strange.

19. I am not a runner, I never will be, or desire to be. But I played highly competative soccer for 10 years of my life. What an oxymoron.

20. I don't have a drivers license. Never got one in highschool, never wanted to. Didn't need one in college, cuz most people dont brings cars, and the campus' are usually small enough to not need it. I don't have a license now, because well ... obviously it wouldn't be safe with chronic vertigo, too sick to drive, and you wouldn't want me on the road. What will I do when Tatum gets older and I HAVE to drive ... pray I get better soon.

21. My mom is the shyest person in the world, and my husband is the most outgoing. Just imagine them together ... I Love it!

22. When growing up I had a healthy obsession with the group Hanson. I still listen to them today, and they still rock! On that note, I really enjoy Justin Beiber. Scoff if you want, he is incredibly talented and I have no shame.

23. I am not a big fan of movies, AT ALL. Funny cuz my husband makes movies, haha. But if I had to choose a favorite, it would be highschool musical. We own all 3, and watch at least one every 4 months or so. Go WILDCATS!

24. My grandpa Jack lived 3 extra months while dying from cancer to see me be born. He called me angelface while in my moms womb. Before I was born though, without anyone knowing, he left the hospital one day to go to the "Hodgen" rose garden where all the family members names are put on plaques when they are born. My family didn't know this till after he had already passed away and they visited the garden, and there was a plaque with the name "angelface" on it. My real name never replaced it.

25. I LOVE to dance. Our family (the 3 of us) have a dance party in our house at least every other day. Tatum joins right in. She is a natural.


An extra #26- I think my husband and my baby are the most wonderful humans I know. But I guess you all know that!

-Hope you all feel like you know the person behind this blog a little better now.

2 comments:

  1. My dad has called me Angelface since I was born! Actually called me that at my wedding. And ummmmm you are so talented, that picture you made was amazing!!!!

    You may not know it. . . but I LOVE reading your blogs!!!!!

    Shannon Lettow (Now Shannon Redpath)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brynn, you are AWESOME!!! I didn't know a lot of this! By the way, I have chronic insomnia too, and it really freaking SUCKS!! I have to take meds to sleep as well. I hope you're healed soon, dear!

    ReplyDelete