"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A beautiful introduction ...




This weekend I had the privilege of introducing my daughter to my best friend, Jenny Anderson. Big deal right? ... yes BIG DEAL, to ME.

The last time I spent any significant time with Jenny, was my wedding day ... she stood by my side, held my bouquet, gave a speech, and sent me on my way. I didn't know that the next time I would see her, I would be asking if she wanted to hold my 14 month old daughter. But thats just the way it worked out, and it was one of those defining moments in your life, filled with flash backs, deja vu, and "how did I get here" thoughts. It was beautiful and strange all at the same time. One of the coolest moments to date.


I can't really explain what type of friend Jenny has been to me, or how much our friendship has enriched my life. I can't explain how much the Lord has used her to show me how much He Himself loves me, cherishes me and how He will never give up on me. And I can't explain the amount of joy and fun and depth that exists in our friendship. So I won't even try ;) But I will say that one of the most unique things about our friendship, is that even though she has only ever known me as a "sick/chronically ill" individual. She has never seen me that way, or treated me as one. It was almost as if the Lord, from the very beginning, lifted the sickness from her view, allowing her to see who I really am, rather than what my illness had formed me into. How refreshing and rejuvinating. Jenny was a part of my immediate life for just a mere 10 months before our lifes went seperate ways due to living in different states. But in that time,she watched me fall in love with my soon to be husband, she watched me fall apart physically as I had one of my worst bouts of sickness, we both watched each other graduate, and stood by each others sides on both of our wedding days. The truest friend I will ever know.

(the funny thing is, before we ever even met. We had both been told by the same person that when we did meet we would become best friends. We both kinda snuffed it off, only to realize a few months down the road how spot on the previous predictions had been. Even more interesting, the person who told both of us this was my husband ... I married a smart man!)

All that to say. Jenny and Tatum met, and I couldn't have been more happy to see my two favorite girls in the world finally together! Thank you Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment