"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The moment you realized you weren't a kid anymore - First Halloween!

When was the moment you realized that you weren't a kid anymore???

In the past several years I have had a few "OH MY" instances, where this sheer fact has hit me straight in the face. The first time I looked in the mirror, and thought I looked old. The day we bought a bookshelf for our living room and it was a BIG deal. Having my parents visit MY HOME for Christmas. Getting the flu for the first time as a MOM, and LAST night, on halloween, as my husband and I dressed up our little cub, and took her trick or treating. The whole ordeal wasn't how I use to remember it. Granted, my baby is only 10 months, and had no idea what was going on, but it seemed as though halloween had lost its ... flare? Have things changed since I last dressed up, and rang doorbells? Is it different in California than in Oregon? Or am I just older with a different perspective? Whatever it is I just remember Halloween being the beginning of a 3 month all out sugar fest, and spending hours on end running my heart out around the neighborhood streets with my friends ... Last night was a different type of fun, a more grown up type I guess, haha. And as Jeremey and I visited a few houses, and slowly watched Tatum fall asleep in our arms, we realized how quickly times have changed, that we aren't "kids" anymore, and that these traditions we grew up with will never be the same. It's time to start making some new traditions for our kids!!! So we did ...

Tatum spent her first halloween with a few good friends of our and hers. The Anchetas and the Celeyas. Both from here at the bible college. The Anchetas blessed us with a delicious meal, and then we attempted to get all the kiddos in their costumes. Tatum was a Lion, Josiah was a giraffe, and Chloe was Eyore, our own little zoo of animals. We attempted to take pictures, but if you have kids, you know that its nearly impossible to get them all to smile at the same time, or to smile at all, especially when they all have headpieces, that they want OFF. Here is what the camera captured ... I Love these girls, and these kids!


Here are a few more disfunctional pictures of just the kiddos. The imperfectness of them, makes them perfect. So funny and so sweet to share these memories.



Chloe giving her buddy Tatum some sweet hugs, or maybe its a chokehold ... whatever it is, I Love these little cuties together!

Chloe the non grumpy Eyore
Tatum the lion queen
Josiah the cutest giraffe around
Daddy and his cub
Fast asleep after only a few houses of trick or treating.

Home at last and digging into her candy stash. (That only mom and dad get to eat, thanks Tatum!)

(PS: I'm going to attempt to do the 30 days of Thankfullness, November challenge. I'm not an EVERYDAY blogger, so I will try to post every 3 or so days, with 3 or so days worth of things I'm thankful for!

Day 1 - I am thankful for all the "Firsts" we get to have with our first born children. Like halloween and other holidays. Being able to watch them experience the great and fun things in life for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment