"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankfulness and Updating!

How many of you have Loved ones who are physically ill??? I'll tell you something ironic ... I have MANY. Sometimes this hits me as such a SHOCK, then at other times, it makes complete sense. Having suffered, and being in the midst of physical suffering myself, I've seen that the Lord brings people into our lifes who we can either ...

1. Minister to.
OR
2. BE ministered to by.

What a compassionate God we serve. I can count more than two hands full of young people in my life, people that are dear friends to me, that are suffering from a physical health constraint. Without mentioning thier names, I will say that these individuals are some of the brightest lights for Christ that I know. They seem to understand Him better, long for him more, and grasp his faithfullness in deeper ways than most, when in the worlds eyes, it should be just the opposite. Though some are suffering far worse than me, they give ME hope in times of physical discouragment, and I hope I can do the same for them. I know there is a reason why at age 27, I have endured over 5 years of being chronically ill, and that it isn't a coincidence that some of my very best friends are fighting the battle with me ... The Lord has a beautiful plan.

-All that to say ... on my quest of 30 days of thankfulness ...
Day 2, Nov 2nd: I am thankful for those that are BRIGHT lights for Christ in a dark world in the midst of their suffering.
Day 3, Nov 3rd: I am thankful for the people in my life who never stop praying for my healing.

On that note ... here is a

***STEPHANIE and LONDON UPDATE***
(I have had people asking me for an update on how my sister in law Stephanies pregnancy is going, so I thought I would just periodically do an update on the blog.)
To piggyback my thoughts above (not that Stephanie is chronically ill, but her health situation for the time being is VERY serious and needs as much prayer as possible) ... I wanted to give you an update on my sister in law Stephanie who is now 24 weeks pregnant with her 8th kid. In an earlier post I wrote about the high risk pregnancy she is experiencing. She has recently found out that she has what is called Placenta Previa ...
(Placenta previa is a complication of pregnancy in which the placenta grows in the lowest part of the womb (uterus) and covers all or part of the opening to the cervix.The placenta is the organ that nourishes the developing baby in the womb.The biggest risk is that severe bleeding will require your baby to be delivered early, before major organs, such as the lungs, have developed.)
Stephanie has a difficult road ahead of her, as she has already had pain and bleeding during this pregnancy, and previously lost her last baby at 25 weeks because of similiar symptoms. At the time of her C-section she will also have her uterus completly removed, which is very high risk, due to not being able to stop blood flow. We ask for many prayers on Stephanie's behalf, and for our sweet baby girl (London Dorsey) to fight hard to grow and stay nestled up inside the womb as LONG as possible.

Jeremey and Stephanie when they were little.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this update! Praying for them often, and you too! Love you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordyn, definitely thought of you as I was writing much of this post. You are one of those, who is a wonderful BRIGHT light for the Lord in your suffering. So encouraging, its crazy. Love you Jordyn. (Ps, and if i knew how to comment on tumbler on your blog, I would ... just don't know how.)

    ReplyDelete