"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Madness, our trip up north!!!


I haven't written in a while ... and my 30 days of thankfulness list had a quick death, and ended at day 16 I think. Oh well. Our vacation to Oregon took over, and I am totally fine with that ...

Though most people overlook thanksgiving and skip directly to Christmas, I am NOT one of those people. In fact, I am quite the opposite. I Love halloween and thanksgiving so much, and wish the months of October and November could circulate back and forth forever. For me thanksgiving is the holiday of all holidays, truly my favorite day of the year. So much so, that now that it is over, I have actually started to beleive that it is already spring. Am I the only person on earth who thinks this way? I guess the Christmas season doesn't affect me as much as it use to. I blame that in part to living in southern california, where it never feels like winter, therefore never forcing us into feeling the true cozy Christmas spirit. But while in Oregon for the last 10 days, I was brought back to all those childhood memories, of crisp foggy mornings, rainy afternoons, winter coats, fall leaves, endless food, college football, and extended family galore. It was a great trip. It went way to fast, but when I got home last night to California, it felt like an eternity since I had walked up our front stairs. It felt like we had grown up, like Tatum had grown up, it was surreal.

While in Oregon, we celebrated Jeremey's 27th birthday, I got to meet 2 new nephews, Tatum took 8 steps, Jeremey roped his first cow (it was made out of wood, but nonetheless) we had fantastic conversations about the Lord with extended family, we ate SO much good food, Tatum popped in her 2 front teeth, got to spend time with a dear friend of mine and her family, watched my husband acquire 9 new little best friends in all my nieces nephews and second cousins, and got to RELAX. The Lord really blessed our trip, and I am more thankful than ever that the lord has given me such a Godly extended family. On that happy note, I will send out a prayer request for my health seeing as the second flight home stirred up a pretty scary bout of vertigo. I am still spinning and not feeling too well, which doesn't make for too good of a welcome home. Besides that, thats what we've been up to. Till next time!

There are SO many pictures. Thousands actually from our camera and my moms, here are some of them (for the family members that were there, I will post more in a facebook album and tag you in them!)

Cousins, my brothers kids!
It became routine to do a music session with the kids each day
Sister in law Molly and kids.


Play time with daddy


cuties!

Tatum and Titus, almost the same height, yet Tatum is nearly 9 months younger. Crazy.
Craft time with the kids!
Fun in the wagon.

Looking at the rainy day with grandma!
Linus!
Tatum LOVED the piano!

Spending time with a great friend!



Practicing walking with her shopping cart grandma got her!

Chillin with grandpa and Clyde!
music time with momma!
Sasha! One of my flower girls in my wedding!
Playing at my aunt and uncles house, where they made their back yard into a kids dream, with a wagon and little old fashioned shops. so cute!


Feeding the Horse!
First pancake!
This bear was killed by my grandpa and is hanging on the wall in his house. I Loved this thing as a kid!
The ODELLS!
Coolest grandpa ever!
My cowgirl!
The kids Love Jeremey!

First thanksgiving dinner!
If you look closely you can see her two front teeth coming in!
Family pic!
Roping the cow!


1 comment:

  1. The photo of Tatum playing the piano on her ballerina-tippy-toes is too cute! I'll be praying for your full recovery Brynn, love you.

    ReplyDelete