"This is a story that is often untold, and overlooked. A raw adventure of fighting the elements of illness, as a young wife and mother by seeking Jesus first. Start from the beginning, and see how the Lord can take a very broken and ill individual and bring about a truly unique LIFE and LOVE story." - BRYNN (& Jeremey and Tatum).

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The reason why my baby boy is so beautiful is because she's a girl!!!


The title should be self explanatory ... But yesterday while out for a stroll to our campus coffee shop, I counted 7 different people who came up and said "oh what a BEAUTIFUL little boy you have" (EYE ROLL to the max).
Let me explain this a little further, yes I know my daughter doesn't have much hair, and no she wasn't wearing any form of pink or a headband at the time (I understand where the mistake could be made at times). BUT yesterday, she WAS wearing black leggings, Ugg boots, a brown girl sweater AND, get this, she was holding a pink BABY DOLL in her arms ... How could you possibly mistake her for a boy with a pink baby doll in her arms??? My favorite is when my husband tries to cover their mistake by saying something like "yeah SHE is such a joy, or we love HER so much." And even after that they say "He's such a cute little guy." WHAT??? The other day Jeremey was at the grocery store and the cashier said this "Your little boy is so beautiful, he could almost be a girl." My husbands response "thats because she is." Come on people, not every little girl must wear pink and a bow on her head to be feminine. It really is just beyond my understanding, haha. If you aren't positive on the gender, don't say anything. Still, I refuse t0 dress my girl in pink EVERYDAY just so people don't make this mistake. I don't mind pink, but too much is too much. Her hair will eventually grow and we will be out of this awkward stage ... (I Love her her little frizzy head, just not the awkwardness of when you don't know what to say to strangers.)

Have you experienced this with your children, boys or girls???


Day 5 of thankfulness: I am thankful for the weekends where my husband is home and we can enjoy much needed family time. By the end of the week I am usually a wreck.
Day 6: I am thankful for day light savings, fall back. Though my baby didn't quite understand that we were suppose to get an extra hour of sleep.


4 comments:

  1. People thought my brother and I had been kidnapped since neither of them have red hair, but yeah, my mom still had people calling me "him" even when I was in pink ruffly dresses with bows taped to my head (I had peach fuzz until I was two). I think people see a baby and automatically think "Boy!" I dunno... people are silly. Anyone who can see clearly knows that T is totally a girl, and a gorgeous one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was at the grocery store with my daughter the other day. She was wearing a PINK top, in a PINK and black car seat with a HOT PINK cover over her holding a PURPLE hippo blanket and someone said oh look at how cute HE is! I said "Yeah I love HER to death." She then proceeded to turn to the woman with her and see look at this adorable little boy. I again said "She is actually a GIRL." And then I turned around and finished checking out. LoL. Oh! And my daughter has a ton of hair so I don't think that necessarily even has anything to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I always say, "what a little cutie!" and leave gender totally out of it! They are babies!! They're practically androgynous at that age anyway. I've never understood the huge emphasis on gender in babies/kids. Hang in there. You have a BEAUTIFUL GIRL and she has the rest of her life to show off her awesome femininity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! thanks for your sweet comment...i was so excited for a new friend. sooo fun our little ones are just days apart. how are things going?? your sweetie is so so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete